Friday, January 21, 2011

Fantasy Football Disappointments

     Every year there are players that are a disappointment in fantasy football.  This year there were some obvious disappointments that made these choices easy for me.  These players were probably drafted very high and were anticipated to be huge pieces in owners championship runs.  I am going to start off with disappointment number three.

#3.  DeAngelo Williams RB Carolina Panthers--- DeAngelo Williams was ranked by ESPN to be the number 8 running back and the number 11 overall player.  For a player ranked so high he was a huge disappointment.  I am certain that Williams was taken in the first or second round of most fantasy drafts.  I chose him in the second round and he did not even start three weeks for me.  His biggest week was week 4 against New Orleans when he scored 15 points.  Williams only scored 2.6 points a game and did not even rank in the top 50 running backs at the end of the year.  He did not rush for 100 yards in any game and although he was injured most of the season, he was on his way to be a huge disappointment along with the rest of the Carolina Panthers.

#2.  Randy Moss WR New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans--- Randy Moss was ranked by ESPN to be the number two wide receiver and the number 10 overall player in fantasy football this year.  Moss did not even end up being ranked in the top 50 receivers in 2010.  He scored double digits only two times this year in weeks 3 and 5, and he never reached the 100 yard mark in any game this season.  Here is the biggest statistic that will show fantasy players why he was such a huge disappointment.  Moss averaged 0.6 points in his last 10 games!!  That is horrible.  He did not score over 2 points in any game in that 10 game stretch.  Randy Moss might be at the end of his career after this year of disappointment.

#1  Injured players--- Now this is not a single player, but all the injuries this year to key players was a big disappointment to me.  This may be a bit personal to me since a lot of my players throughout the year got injured but I am sure it affected many other fantasy others.  On my team alone, Tony Romo, Frank Gore, Mark Clayton, Dez Bryant, Antonio Gates got placed on injured reserve during the regular season.  Also Andre Johnson was hurt for the whole two week championship game and Darren McFadden was hurt the last week of the game.  That was a lot for me to over come but I still won my fantasy league.  Other players that were affected by the injury bug this year was Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Clinton Portis, Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Steve Smith (NYG), Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Addai, Sidney Rice,  Maurice Jones-Drew (during the playoffs) and Terrell Owens toward the end of the season.  There were many more injuries but I am just naming the main ones.  There are injuries every season, but this year seemed to be worse than any other.  

These were the top 3 disappointments of the 2010 fantasy football season.  These three disappointments probably caused many fantasy owners a lot of trouble this season and many that had these disappointments probably had disappointing seasons.  I hope you enjoyed reading this post and come back soon for my top 12 players for 2011 and my top 3 sleepers for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment